Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Two-Tone Resist, Try #1

I tried, I really did! I know what went wrong, but this card turned out pretty, none the less! I tried the two-tone resist technique from the mfp February blog hop as my background. The resist didn't show up due to the fact that I slightly embossed the black leaf pattern on. In person this card is shiny and pretty. Here it is dull and simple looking. Hmm, maybe I need to use a real camera rather than my phone for these photos. More work, but worth a try!

I'll enter this in the Mark's Finest Paper's Oriental Sketch Challenge #67.

I used the flowers from the Asian Delights stamp set for the resist background and the flowers in the foreground. I also used that sentiment.

I'm also going to enter this in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge.


5 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! Love the colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, your card is beautiful. I'm so glad you tried the two tone resist from the February Blog Hop and also this week's Oriental Sketch Challenge, you did a great job. Thank you for joining us at MFP Oriental Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have just come up with a new technique , it turned out just fine...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, just love this card. The flowers were the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at the MFP challenges!
    kReN, afourthlife.blogslpot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to look and comment! Blessings!